User talk:Lord Chrusher
I much prefer the x ways to y in their previous paragraph form to your new list format. I feel the paragragh form feels more encyclopedic. Lord Chrusher 14:52, 22 February 2008 (CST)
- I was wondering when something like that would come up.
- X ways to Y videos are their own format of video and shouldn't be written up in the same ways as Shorts or Other. If the summaries were done in the same way, it would be a simple "LRR tries to stay cool in the summer heat." or some such thing. There was a lot more information in those summaries than this simple statement, and I wanted to preserve it while still giving it a clean look. The original method was not a clean look, in my opinion. They were, as I'm sure you've noticed, written as a single sentence with semicolons (used in a grammatically unfit manner) every couple of words.
- To solve this problem, I went to the only page I could think of that had a similar video format: Rejected WiiPlay Games. Instead of a summary of the video, it gave a bulleted list of the games, which looked pretty spiffy. So I figured it would be good enough to use on X ways to Y, as well.
- I do think it is un-encyclopedic to add the commentaries and explanations as parentheticals (which I did). It would be ideal to instead have a "Script"-esque section in which the events are listed, and use the summary section for, well, summaries. But without a major overhaul of the format, I don't see that as happening.
- If there is some alternative to the way it looked before that still looks encyclopedic, I would be happy to hear it. Also, we need and official wiki thread (or I need a link to it) so these things don't happen.Hawkaris 15:50, 22 February 2008 (CST)
Do you not know what a comma is? Seriously, it looks like this ",". You use it when you pause in the middle of a sentence, like now, or when you're listing more than two things. Like bananas, Steve Ballmer, and moldy bread.-Lt. Dangle 14:26, 24 February 2008 (CST)
Also, semicolons can be used to list clauses. Lord Chrusher 14:46, 24 February 2008 (CST)
You were using the non escapist template and missing the brackets around the link for the Escapist forum thread. I have fixed pages. Lord Chrusher (talk) 19:01, 17 November 2012 (PST)