Halo: The Future of Gaming
|This video is missing from LoadingReadyRun.com, but is still online on Youtube or elsewhere on the web.
In case you haven't been paying attention, LoadingReadyRun provides a look back at how Halo has affected our world.
Date: September 22, 2007
Narration: Ash Vickers
Appearing: Graham Stark
Edited by: Graham Stark
Music: "Synthetic Design 02" from Apple's iLife sound effects
Additional Copyright: XBOX, XBOX 360, BUNGIE, HALO, Master Chief, Microsoft Game Studios, and their logos etc. are all © Microsoft, whose work we're all big fans of. Except for PowerPoint. Sorry.
Archival footage from the mid-21st century reveals how the release of HALO 3, and its subsequent sequels, both created and destroyed the future of gaming, coming close to obliterating human civilization in the process.
- At one time, this was LoadingReadyRun's most viewed video, by a considerable margin.
- Ash provided the cover art for HALO 5. The original art for this was auctioned off during Desert Bus for Hope 2.
- The voice Ash uses for the narration was developed when Matt and James played StarCraft frequently, and the Terran computer voice constantly telling them to "mine more minerals" got on her nerves. She mimicked the computer mockingly at first, but then learned to imitate it perfectly, freaking Matt out.
- April 14, 1360 was in fact a Tuesday, and not a Monday as claimed.
- In addition to LRR's site and YouTube, this video was hosted on the video streaming website Break until its closure in November 2018.
Season Four Shorts